The Berry & Banana Smoothie Bowl is a very energizing and delicious breakfast and snack option, perfect for those who like to workout in the mornings or as a pre-workout(:
For the base:
- 2 cups of frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and raspberries)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of frozen bananas
- 16 oz of coconut water
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- ice cubes
Put everything in a blender and blend until the mix is creamy.
For the toppings:
- 2/3 of a banana
- dried goji berries (great source of nutrients)
- raw cacao nibs (rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber)
- dried unsweetened shredded coconut ( supplies key vitamins, minerals and super tasty)
- raw honey (natural sweetener)
Today I was out of some ingredients, but I usually add: Hemp Seeds, which is a great source of protein; and Medjool dates, which also work as natural sweeteners and are full of minerals,vitamins, and are energy boosters.
This recipe makes around 2 bowls, serves 2, Hope you enjoy it!
(Dairy free and Gluten free-depending on your protein)